DEFINITION OF TERMS
Domestic travel as travel within India, its possessions and territories.
Local travel is travel performed within 100 Kilometers (100) of the primary place of employment.
Travel cost includes transportation, lodging, meals, and related items incurred by employees who are on Official company business.
PROCESS / GUIDELINE
Domestic and International Travel eligibility shall be as per company guidelines. Such guidelines may be reviewed from time to time.
Travel advances may be granted to full-time, part time, temporary employees for out-of-pocket expenses expected to be incurred on a trip with an approval from the respective HOD.
Following process needs to be followed for any Domestic Travel.
1. Prepare a “TRAVEL REQUEST FORM” (TRF) in duplicate at least 3 working days prior to the travel is undertaken, duly approved by Head of the Department and submit it to the Front Desk Executive. Request for Hotel booking has to be mentioned in the Travel Requisition.
2. Front Desk Executive needs to validate the request and process the same based on the Travel Policy & Entitlement of the Employee and take an approval form the HOD – Finance & Accounts or any person authorized by him.
3. One copy of “TRAVEL REQUEST FORM” (TRF) will be kept with Front Desk for necessary arrangements like Train / Air Ticket, Hotel booking etc and future reference.
4. One copy of “TRAVEL REQUEST FORM” (TRF) must be given to Accounts Department for necessary travel advance.
5. On completion of the tour, the “TRAVEL EXPENSE STATEMENT” (TES) has to be filled in for settling dues. Submit a Travel Expense Statement to the Travel Department on the forthcoming Saturday from the date of completion of travel duly approved by the Departmental Head with all supporting bills/vouchers.
6. Front Desk Needs to Validate the Statement & Bills and process the same as per Travel Policy & Entitlement of the Employee and should take an approval from the HOD – Accounts & Finance or any person authorized by him and submit it to accounts for final processing.
Approval of Travel Requisition:
· It needs to be approved by the authorized signatory.
· Any confusion arises regarding Employee Level & Entitlement will validate by the Admin Head.
· All bills should be on approval by the Finance & Accounts.
Any tour at a particular location which extey forly for a petch. tion.nds beyond a period of 15 days may be treated as “Deputation” by the management and the concerned employee may get an entitlement for deputation allowance at the rate of one month basic salary per month (or on pro rata basis) which will cover the boarding and the lodging. This will be for a period of only two months continuous stay.
Lodging and Fooding entitlement has been categorized as per the Location / Type of City you are traveling. Following are the categorization of the cities.
Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkota, Chennai, Bangalore & Hyderabad,
Pune, GUIDELINESAhmedabad, Lucknow, Trivandrum, Cochin, Goa, Chandigarh
All others excluding the above.
While on tour, if employees make their own arrangements, they are entitled to receive their expenses as per the Own Arrangement entitlement. This will also cover the up and down conveyance from the place of stay to the place of work.
Departure for tour/Return from tour between 6-12 hours per day will be considered as half-a day and above 12 hours as one full day.
In case of two or more employees are accompanying each other on tour and are required to stay in a hotel, they should share a Room. Similarly, in such cases, only one person should claim the common expenses. While submitting the Travel Expense Report, employee should give reference to the second person’s expense report. In that case second person will be allowed to claim only food allowance maximum up to eligibility. Employees in grade AVP and above may occupy separate room, if required.
Combining leave with tour is allowed, as an exception, with prior approval of the Project/Department Head.
If an employee exceeds his entitlement as per the Travel rules on a tour, the exceptions have to be approved by the Department head, failing which deductions will be made from salary.
Reimbursable expenses include but are not limited to the following:
- Baggage handling and storage expenses
- Parking and tolls
- Business office expenses (copy services, postage, etc.)
- Business-related phone calls and faxes
- Conference fees
- Costs of obtaining required visas and passports
- Currency conversion fees
- Overseas Travel Insurance
Non-reimbursable expenses include but are not limited to the following:
- Clothing or toiletry items
- Commuting between home and office
- Magazines, newspapers, personal reading materials
- Personal entertainment (including Cost of Alcohol, Liquor, Cigarette etc.)
- Charge incurred for failure to cancel hotel / train / air reservation
Appropriate vouchers/receipts/documentation includes:
· Business purpose:
o Written explanation of business purpose or conference/itinerary or schedule of events
· Transportation: (Original receipt required)
o Rental Car
o Other Ground Transportation
o Hotel-Original bill/receipt (detailing all expenses)
o Credit card or cash register receipt
· Conference Fees:
o Receipt from conference or copy of registration form
· Miscellaneous Charges:
o Tips and other miscellaneous charges - do not require receipts
LOCAL CONVEYANCE / PETROL REIMBURSEMENT
In case of Local travel towards official purpose or sales & Marketing, the company may reimburse actual conveyance expenses limited to their entitlement, by the admissible mode of transport. Refer Travel Policy Break-up for eligibility. Approval is based on management discretion.
PROCESS / GUIDELINE:
Following process needs to be followed for any Claim of Local Conveyance / Petrol Reimbursement-
1. It is advisable to claim the reimbursement once in a month i.e. claim for the total month at the end of the month.
2. A Cash Voucher duly filled and approved by the Departmental Head and enclosed with all necessary vouchers needs to be submitted to Accounts Department.
3. Accounts Department needs to validate the claim based on the Policy & Entitlement of the Employee and should process the same.
4. Any anomaly should be reported to Admin Head.
Domestic Travel Policy – Break up
Reimbursements should be supported by original bills. Any deviation from the specified limits needs approval from the Admin Head.
Sr Executive/Executive/ Other Level
AC 1st CLASS
AC 2 TIER CLASS
AC 3 TIER CLASS
AC 3 TIER CLASS
MODE OF CONVEYANCE
(Local & Outstation)
TAXI / RENTAL CAR
TAXI / RENTAL CAR
TAXI / RENTAL CAR
Auto /Local conveyance
LODGING (Outstation)/ FOODING, CONVEYANCE
FOODING, CONVEYANCE & MISC.
(LESS THAN 24 HOURS)
PETROL REIMBURSEMENT / CONVEYANCE (Outstation)
Kilometer wise reimbursement will be done.
For 4 wheelers @ Rs. 5.
For 2 wheelers @Rs. 2
Based on needs and allocation by Unit head or reporting superior. All such expenses need to be borne by functions as part of their budget allocations.
*All charges are per day for room lodging.